As background, Rockdale Temple (K.K. Bene Israel) was founded in 1824 (the oldest Jewish congregation West of the Alleghenies). We are a Reform Temple comprised of approximately 400 families. The congregation is a diverse community ranging from 7th generation members to those new to the city of Cincinnati. Our membership is comprised of individuals, couples and families of many configurations. The Temple is led by a Board of Directors along with an Executive Director and two Rabbis. Our mission is to create and enhance our members' Jewish identities through community engagement, worship, educational opportunities and meaningful lifecycle events. The congregation's members, Women of Rockdale (Sisterhood), Brotherhood, and other auxiliaries are involved in a variety of civic engagement projects with a focus on mitzvot and tzedakah. We strive to create relevant experiences within the Jewish tradition.
Workum Job Description: Marketing, Communications, and Programming Intern
- Help create a marketing plan utilizing social media, print, and web-based sources.
- Review and analyze the congregation's website and contribute to the design and content as needed.
- Strategize ways to create new contacts as well as analyze our current contact management.
- Review and/or develop content and design of print material for membership recruitment and retention as well as upcoming events.
- Help plan and execute the shabbatCTY program by sourcing and booking locations for the coming year and attending one program if possible.
Other responsibilities based on the intern's interests, skills and desired areas of professional development.
Education Major/Career Interests
Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Design, Journalism, English, Jewish Studies, or Social Science areas who is ready for real world application of the skills being developed and honed in college.
An interest in Jewish or non-profit work is helpful but not necessary.
||Excellent computer software and web-based communication skills and should have completed 2+ college-level or writing or marketing-related courses. He/she should have some successful experience in a professional work environment, and willingness to accept constructive feedback. Our intern should be a self-starter who is able to work independently and efficiently, and demonstrate excellent skills in prioritizing and managing multiple tasks.